I've been woefully neglectful of DA, but only because I've been frantically working on my film, Kiss Me Dark, I have two no wait, three new part time jobs and I was up to my neck in costumes for Halloween. Oh yeah, and a lawsuit against a fraud artist, yay!
So finally, here's something fresh off the slab, one of my Halloween costumes from this year. My re-imagined Bride of Frankenstein! This took approximately 50 hours from my concept sketches to finish product and I made it all from head to toe including the wig.
The photo isn't the best, just a few snaps we got before we went out to the parties that night. I couldn't walk five steps without stopping to have my photo taken and I must say this is the most labour intensive costume I've put together and I'm quite proud. Cannot wait to shoot some pro photos of it.
Those test tubes and tubing are full of liquid, I of course tested all my seals to make sure we didn't have leaks before I "road tested" this costume. Every bit of fabric was individually coffee or tea stained and then additionally aged with dye. Most of the metal bits were rusted and aged more and all the "corrosion" you see around the test tubes and such is glue that I then painted with iron paint and rusted and aged. A long process but worth it.
I'll get more photos soon.